When a tooth is badly infected, Endodontic treatment may be required. The Dentist will remove the infected tissue and clean the tooth. They will then fill the tooth to prevent re-infection, and protect it with a crown.
Crowns are used to cap or cover damaged and decayed teeth. They will cover the visible portion of the tooth to help restore function and appearance. Crowns can be brushed and flossed like natural teeth.
Endodontic Treatment may be used to treat conditions caused by:
- Significantly decayed or damaged tooth
- Repeated dental procedures on a tooth
- Faulty crowns
- Cracks or chips in the tooth
- Other tooth dam
- Depending on the amount of damage to the tooth, the tooth will be treated, then filled and capped with a crown or a filling.
- Alternative treatment may include tooth extraction and use of dental implants or partial dentures to restore the tooth.
- Natural Appearance
- Improves chewing and tooth function
- “Normal” feel during chewing
- Protects tooth